The difference between wedding day and wedding anniversary

The difference between wedding day and wedding anniversary

Does anyone know the difference between a wedding day and the wedding anniversary?

It is simple. Though both fall and recur on the same day every year, the wedding day count is always one more than the wedding anniversary. Thus the first wedding anniversary day is the second wedding day!!!

People generally celebrate their wedding anniversary every year by cutting a cake, buying gifts for each other, going out for dinner , throwing a party etc.

The fifth , tenth , the twenty fifth(silver) , fiftieth (golden) and sixtieth (diamond) anniversaries are milestones and are celebrated in a grand manner. It is considered to be special and lucky to celebrate the fiftieth and sixtieth anniversaries since marriages seldom last that long.

I got married on February 3rd 1974. So this year happened to be my 49th wedding anniversary and 50th (golden) wedding day. Unlike others I decided to celebrate my golden wedding day differently. I made a plan to visit my best friend who lives in Pune (having shifted there quite recently) and celebrate the special day with my special friend. 

We have been friends since 1964 when I first met him when I joined Automobile Products Of India (API). We became closer (thicker) friends when we started working together in the same department.

It was in 1975 that I changed my job and parted from my friend. Though we were not working together anymore our friendship continued. The bonding became stronger when after my wedding I shifted my residence to Thane where my dear friend also lived. 

We became family friends when my wife and kids were introduced to his wife and kids. We visited each other on some weekends or festive occasions.

My friend whom I had alerted earlier was waiting eagerly when I landed on the special day. He treated us to a delicious and delightful lunch. Bhabhi  was an excellent cook and after many years I had the good fortune to taste her cooking.

We chatted for a long time and caught up on the news to make up for our not meeting since many years. We enjoyed every minute of our togetherness. I was introduced to his charming grand daughter Anuradha who is doing her M Tech in Biotechnology in D Y Patil College in Pune . In fact she is the reason they had to shift to Pune when she got admitted in that college.

He had even arranged to cut a cake in our honor and during the evening tea we cut the cake. 
I hope our friendship extends beyond the diamond jubilee and continues to a century.

Thus our 50th wedding day was celebrated in a grand manner. I share below  some great moments captured in the camera by our expert photographer Anuradha Joshi.









The difference between wedding day and wedding anniversary









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aippaasi (Seventh Month) The Festivals in Aippasi

Masi (Eleventh Month) The Festivals in Masi

Aani ( Third Month) - The Festivals in Aani