Anand's Birthday at Mumbai

Anand's Birthday at Mumbai

I am writing this post at the behest of my grandchildren Saarth and Rivika who are based in Bromley, UK. I am now here in UK to spend a few happy days with my dear son Anand , his lovely wife Mallika and the above mentioned adorable grandchildren. I will be travelling to the North of England later on in May to be with my other son Bharadwaj (Kamal) who is based in Newcastle. I was showing them off my blogs on the Tamil month names and Festivals when they asked me to write something about their recent visit (December 2017) to Nerul.

This year my son Anand, was visiting Mumbai in December 2017 on a vacation along with his family. More importantly he was here during his birthday which falls on the 30th December every year. Anand was with us (the parents) after many years during his birthday . So we decided to celebrate the birthday in a befitting manner along with my eldest son Shridhar who stays here in Navi Mumbai. The only missing son was Kamal and his family , based in Newcastle also in the UK. Kamal was here in July this year for his daughter's first birthday and hence could not be present once again during December.

On December 29th the birthday eve we decided to go out for dinner and cut the traditional midnight cake at "Northern Tadka", a restaurant inside the Seawoods Grand Central Mall. Here below are some of the photos clicked on the occasion.











December 30th, The birthday dawned and we decided to a bit of sight seeing around Mumbai with the children who had not seen the Mumbai sights as such.

We also included Shridhar and his family. We hired two cars for the day, a six seater for The Anand Family and me and Bhagi my better half,  and another smaller four seater for Shridhar , Gayatri and my grand daughter Prisha. After breakfast we set off to Babulnath temple  in South Mumbai which most of us were visiting for the first time.

After due Darshan and the blessings of Lord Shiva we had a sumptuous lunch at a nearby restaurant and visited the famous Chowpatty beach for the children to have a rollicking time. They played in the sands to their hearts content and then we set off to the "Gateway Of India", a landmark in Mumbai.

There was a huge crowd at the gateway in anticipation of the impending New Year eve later on in the day. Nevertheless we had a good time and returned in the evening after a quick dinner on the way. 

All in all it was a day to cherish and now I feel it was a good thought from the children to record our memories and photos to read and savour later on in life. So more photos follow below!!!










Until Next Time then....



Comments

Anonymous said…
I know this web page gives quality based articles
and additional material, is there any other
website which offers these stuff in quality?

Popular posts from this blog

Aippaasi (Seventh Month) The Festivals in Aippasi

Masi (Eleventh Month) The Festivals in Masi

Aani ( Third Month) - The Festivals in Aani